Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Historical Musical Binge


The Temptations was on TV a few days ago. I first saw the movie when I was in eighth grade. I love movies that tinge the soul, while bringing back some historical truth to the mind. These things always trigger my mind. So I went on a historical musical binge, but not right away of course. When one is on the couch that does not happen instantly.

It happened when my friend left his Pandora open on my laptop and Bill Withers started to played. I had to look into everything more.


I then fell onto a young Micheal Jackson's version of "Ain't No Sunshine"- it was beautiful. I was actually surprised that the Jackson Five and Bill Withers were both big at the same time. I actually don't know how big Bill Withers was in comparison. Seriously, was MJ doing a cover his song like Lady Gaga doing a cover of Coldplay or was it like Alicia Keys doing an Adele cover before Adele was big?

I soon found myself looking at the day the music died. Looking at and listening to Buddy Holly as well.


Maybe tomorrow I'll listen to Ritchie Valens and J. P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson.



No comments:

Post a Comment